Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Auto-Action in Clip Studio Paint

I created my first ever auto-action in Clip Studio Paint -- an action that would create a new 800x10000 px webcomic page at 350 dpi, with all the beginning folders and layers that I usually make for each page individually, so that I can save some time NOT having to create every one of those layers on each new page as I work on my webcomic. :)

It took me a little less than an hour to figure out, and if you consider that there are usually about three pages per episode, and it takes me close to ten minutes to make all these layers each time I make a new page without this auto-action, I think it was well worth the effort.

 

the sixth try was the charm, ahaha


Now I can open my drawing program, go to the auto-action menu, double-click on my new auto-action, and BOOM! new page, new folders and layers all set up and ready for me to make a mess out of.


Ta-da! *trumpet fanfare*

I confess I was on the verge of tears with the silly high I got from completing this achievement... It was such a delightful digital-art-nerd kind of moment for me. Hahaha! So even if you are like 'wait, wut...?' I thought I'd share my excitement.


(On a little less exciting note, my sisters and I have reluctantly come to the decision to abandon our dog short-story comic. We just have too much to juggle with schedules and such between the three of us, and it was hurting our hearts not updating when we wanted to. This takes off some of the self-imposed stress, too, but it was still a really difficult choice to make, as we wished so badly to finish the project. We might pick it up again in the future, we might not; either way, it was a fun and educational experience that we don't regret attempting.)


No comments:

Post a Comment