Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Scattered Bits

I have been very scattered in my projects lately - nothing this week that I can really report as finished, although I have definitely been plugging away at various creative works around my other daily duties. So, here are just some bits of things:
 

crochet - this yarn is incredibly difficult to work with XD (I'm using an online pattern)

 The above is part of the beginnings of nephew and nieces' Christmas presents already, haha... Had to pause to acquire safety eyes after I had originally planned on just embroidering the ocular features, but then decided the material surface was too fuzzy for that to be effective enough for my wishes.


WIP from a loose watercolor florals piece for a gift

 Using that watercolor block I'd shared about earlier - I am quite liking this paper.

 I also got some reading done, which I had been neglecting. That was nice. I still have several books I want to finish before the year is up, so I'm trying to read more from those at night instead of consuming as much webcomics on my phone.

 And of course, still working on the Ich Kann class artworks.

 Inktober... I am calling Inktober done. Haha! I got enough ink drawing done that I feel satisfied that I have done some, but the additional things that have come up this month that were not originally in my pre-planning are kind of making this overwhelming. I might still do a couple of little pieces or something before the month is up, but I am abandoning the ACEO series after the two that I finished already. What a quitter - nah, I'm not beating myself up about it. I feel better focusing on the "more important" projects now and not having that self-imposed obligation breathing down my neck and tapping its finger on the calendar with obnoxious throat-clearings.

 Am LOVING seeing the other ink doodle adventures here! I was thinking of sharing my Inktober stuff here as well, but I have a weird thing about not sharing the same things to Instagram as I do on the blog, if you haven't noticed. XD Maybe I will do it anyway this time?

 

3 comments:

  1. Whew! You are busy!
    That yarn looks worse to work than some Teddy Bear fur I used. But yours will likely be very beautiful when it’s done. I like the colors.
    I am very happy to hear you got good watercolor paper. It makes a huge difference in ones works.
    And you are not quitting, just reprioritizing. That’s quite acceptable.
    AND you are writing amusing blog posts. That’s a talent. Some of us don’t even attempt that.
    Probably many people here do not see Instagram, so if you do want to share here, it will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't seem like that much until I wrote it all down, and then I was like, "huh! I guess that's why I feel kinda frazzled?" XD
      This yarn...yes. Not for a beginner, or the faint of heart. What did you do with the teddy bear fur? Was it a long time ago?
      Haha, thank you!
      And nah, I just get windy when I start to ramble, lol - it might have gotten worse with the less-socializing over the past couple of years hahaha
      I will try to share my Inktober stuff here if I get a chance/remember to! :)

      Delete
  2. I did make a couple of mini teddy bears, for some classes I took a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete