Friday, April 22, 2022

Easter Psanky Eggs

Our family has made Ukrainian Psanky eggs for about twenty years. I learned the method when I took a community Ed class back when I still had a house full of children. All the kids (plus the ones at church that I taught the method too ) love to make these eggs. The moms are passing the craft on to their children now. 


My daughter, Alyssa, especially loves making Psanky eggs and she has gotten quite good at it. I wanted to share photos of her beautiful eggs with you . These are hanging in her illuminated egg tree decoration on the dining room table. 








And Baby Clara loves them too! Someday she’ll be able to try making them. 

Follow the link below to see a Psanky artist that inspired Alyssa with her designs. After she makes Psanky eggs, this artist breaks the shells and makes jewelry with the parts. She also makes necklace pendants with partridge eggs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment