Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Acrylics and Art School Exercises


From Leah:



(note from Sarah: this is like my favorite painting that Leah has done "of ever," I think *squeals* XD)

Was having a super rough day, and sat down for 5hrs and whipped out this! I like how it turned out! An original Swiss painting! I sure miss Switzerland!




I did this quick painting on Valentine's Day. It was supposed to be even more simple...but you know me with "simple art." I go detailed/perfectionist. ;)




Another acrylic painting I did. This one was very fun!



From Sarah:


Here's some art school homework; over half of the classes I'm taking this semester either don't have exercises yet, or you are supposed to leave your work at the school.


In Gouache, we are starting with a color wheel, to get a feel for how the paints mix and such. The teacher said the consistency should feel like "frosting" XD


Perspective class exercises -- 3D letters, and boxes from above (not finished), both in one-point perspective, which you can see especially since I left the pencil lines that were guides. :)  It's a little more mathematical for an art technique than what I've learned so far, but it is fun and non-stressful so far, haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment