Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Lavender Sachets


Be pleased to observe my first attempt to make some dried lavender sachets:

Materials used: dried lavender pieces (courtesy of friend <3), old and stained mostly-cotton shirt (clean), scissors, thread, needle, crochet string with size 7US steel crochet hook (optional)

I used the crochet stuff to make a little edging around the border of my sachets for decoration (shown later below). If you wanted to do a project something like this, you could also use other things to decorate your sachets with, like ribbon or lace, or decorate a different way entirely. :)

I didn't really measure anything out, it was just a random "winging it" kind of project.

just so you can get an idea of how big the mostly-square the squares of the first sachet were before I sewed them together, haha

Stuffed with dried lavender, sewing the last side shut

I used a blanket stitch around, so that...

...I could use the bars over the edges to crochet into with the thread :)

And, here are a couple of finished ones!

I made a couple of different sizes, and they are pretty lumpy! XD

3 comments: