Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Contest Project


Okay, so I think I mentioned that I was working on a project with two of my sisters in another state? It's a short story webcomic for a contest that involves potential cash prizes, and so that is why I have not been working as much on my first longer comic project. Deadlines with cash prizes seemed like a good reason to postpone it...I felt a little bit bad because I am already running behind on the timing that I'd estimated, but I will totally get back into it once this contest is over. :)

Anyway, making this story has been really fun and challenging! We actually work very well together, and we have been able to use Google Docs to share files back and forth, and messaging and video calls to chat about plots and other things that need discussing.

A digital art setting shot I drew for the comic. I traced the outlines for the car and most of the house, and idk if that's "cheating"...?

We all came up with the story concepts and script together, then Anna is mostly in charge of doing the character sketches and line art, Esther is mostly in charge of coloring and shading the characters, and I am mostly in charge of backgrounds and piecing everything together to upload it to the site.

here's one that we all worked on, from a scene we are thinking of cutting, haha

No comments:

Post a Comment