Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Hi, Bye - Temporarily Slacking


I know, I know, I have not posted a life drawing for May yet -- I confess I did not even draw one in May. I will try to do one (or two) this month, but idk if I will post them.

I don't know if I will post on the blog here at all the rest of the month, actually. I'm thinking of slacking officially until the end of June, with the deadline for the comic contest fast approaching, and trying to look for a new abode, whilst going back to one of my day jobs...

The hubbub from my sister's wedding is over, and all the friends and family have gone home. So this week was mostly a lot of cleaning up, recuperating, readjusting, and working on the comic, of course.

THE FIRST EPISODE IS NOW UP, BTW. Frightening news to share, haha, but as much as we all are still not super happy with it, we told each other that we would never publish it at all if we kept picking at it! So there it is -- quite flawed, but it exists. We learn and move on. Maybe put some heavily-tinted glasses on if you decide to view it, though, haha...


'Tis the season for snatching wild bits of color on one's walks and bringing them inside

Also I played with rhubarb.

My landlady had extra that someone gave her, so she let me pick out a few of the stalks. I rinsed and chopped them, then threw them in a pan with a skim of water and few pinches of granulated sugar and cinnamon, and cooked it on medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes.



Not very pretty, but it made the apartment smell AMAZING, and I figured it could be a fun ice cream topping. XD If I can keep myself from snatching a spoonful at random times, and maybe use it up before then, haha!

Sorry I have no art pictures to share this time, but I hope this was still kind of fun for you to look at. :)

Praying everyone is well and safe!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, my dear...where is the link to the first episode?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Sarah! I am impressed with you diligence and the progress you have made as a result.

    ReplyDelete