Tuesday, September 29, 2020

(Post Titles are Difficult)


 I was thinking of just skipping the post this week again because of the lack of sharable visual progress I made (I made a ton of invisible and un-showable stuff happen though, haha!), but then I was like, welllll, if I do that, I might get into the habit of skipping and that might be a little sad.

 So instead, I'm going to blabber on briefly about the invisible stuff I did, and give you to look at this sloppy scrap sheet of paper which I keep between my laptop keyboard and the screen, when it is shut away in its proper place, to minimize the smears on the screen and to keep notes on  -- apparently Alt key codes and inches to centimeter conversion -- and now a scribble of memorable takeaway from one of Djamila Knopf's presentation recordings from Lightbox Expo 2020, that I listened to while drawing (un-showable progress) (and actually, it was so interesting that I got absorbed in the presentation and did a lot less drawing than listening lol).

 


 (it was in regards to finding inspiration/getting out of art block, and says, "listen to all the music, read all the books, play all the games, take all the showers, go on all the walks" -- basically do other idea-generating stuff besides focusing on art if you are feeling like you are in a rut in that department. It was more fun when you could hear it, haha, and it was one of her co-hosts/guests who said it) (no, I am not currently in an art block. watch me jinx myself now lol)

 Also I am sorry that I haven't been keeping up here with the newer posts - I haven't seen most of the stuff from the past couple of weeks (although it appears it is not many), but have been dropping my drivel too late in the day and then being too tired to be on the computer longer. I mean to look at everything soon. The thumbnails and titles look fun.

 Stay well :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, Sarah, our random thoughts of the moment are as interesting as the view of a much belabored piece of art work. Those were good thoughts for jogging ideas. And it is good to hear you have creativity happening behind the scenes. It will pop out when it is ready. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete