Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Some Amusing WIP Shares

(At least, I found these amusing, but it might have been just that it was very late and I was at the screen too long.)

Paper doll-making work for an online course (which is not published yet, but here's the link!). This is the same course I had mentioned when I shared that drawing time lapse a few weeks ago.

I used to love making paper dolls with my sisters growing up, but this is the first time I've created some digitally! There are, of course, both pros and cons to this method; also, I'm trying to keep things simple, because they are intended for preschool-aged children, but I'm not sure I'm succeeding very well. XD We would get pretty complicated with our dolls back in the day, and there were whole families with tiny, tiny outfits for the babies even lol

Decided on mirrored poses for the dolls, so that making the clothing items that would be nearly the same for both easier. The canvas is a standard paper size, so the dolls can be printed from home.


When I went to flip the form for the second doll, it made me think of that medical chart thing hahaha



Not the final versions, but mostly completed. Yes, the belly buttons were moved down a bit already.

 

 Since taking these screenshots, I have trimmed the stands a bit to allow for better shoe accommodation, and touched up other details, but this is pretty much how they look.

As of now, I have roughly a dozen clothing items drawn, and I just need to stop jumping all over the place with the different categories and finish a complete page set or two. XD

 

1 comment:

  1. Those will be super fun. I would have used them for our studies.

    ReplyDelete