Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Anniversary Crafts and Catch-up

My parents' wedding anniversary was at the end of the week wherein I wrote my last blog post -- before my trip.

A few of my younger sisters showed me their projects --




And I made a card, too:



So, my trip was fabulous overall. I feel like I got a lot done, despite making a conscious effort to take some REAL relaxation time. I was able to finish the superhero-mermaid drawing I'd begun in early May, and started and completed another one besides!



I also consumed three and a half books, which should help me catch up on my Goodreads challenge this year. I listened to the books in the car as we drove for hours and hours. If they had been paperback, I would have gotten car sick from looking down too long while we were moving, so I'm really glad that I remembered about the little-used Overdrive app I have on my phone, where I can borrow audiobooks in MP3 format from the library. :)

7 comments:

  1. Good work on your mermaids. Very dynamic.
    Compliments to your sisters on creative cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shading on the first mermaid is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a lot better choice of reference material when working on that one, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favorite card is the heart one. and i really like the first mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yellow heart card? I thought that one was pretty neat, too. :D I think it was Naomi who made it.

      And thank you for your compliments on my mermaid drawing! :)

      Delete