Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Crocheted Bag Made of Plastic Bags (Part 2)

I finished that bag I was making out of plastic shopping bags. So here is the second post for that adventure! (You can see the first post here)

Pretty much, the handle was all I needed to do yet.

So, I decided the edge of the bag was fine how it was with no extra finishing, and slip-stitched to join the last round and begin the chain for the handle.


I worked one row of the single-crochet-and-chain-one pattern (that I'd used for the body of the bag) on each side of the chain, looping around the back of the base of the handle with slip stitches when I needed to switch sides. I secured the last stitch and fastened off.


And it was done! :)





Here's an atrocious selfie, so you can get a little better idea of how large the bag is...

One of my aunts was visiting the day after I completed the bag, and when she saw it, she liked it so much that she wanted me to make one for her, too, and she said she'd pay me. Haha! And that maybe I could put these in an Etsy shop or something. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. This is a very creative re-purposing project. It turned out great. Thsnks for showing us the finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered how to make several shopping bag into a bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks, it was a pleasure! Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete