Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Headband and Bows

Last week I did a little bit of hand-sewing projects.

There was this checkered shirt with three-quarter sleeves that no one wore anymore, and my sister said she'd use it if it had no sleeves and a matching headband. I had taken care of the sleeves last month already, I just hadn't gotten around to the headband part. So that's what I started on.

I took the material leftover from the sleeves and cut a few pieces to work with.
(I've got the measurements I used, but it was such a sloppy project that I didn't think I should bother adding them here, haha)

I borrowed one of my younger sister's ruler -- don't be jealous


Sewed the tube for the elastic and turned it inside out.

Folded the edges of the main piece and sewed them, accordion-folded and sewed the ends, then added the elastic to each end.

Sewed the tube shut over the ends.



 
The piece of material over the elastic wasn't long enough for it to stretch fully, so I cut through the middle, folded the edges inside and sewed it shut.






Ta-da.



my sister -- not the owner of the ruler I used

THEN THE BOW

Had some material left over yet, so I tried out some bow-making.

(Again, I have the measurements, but am not sharing them.)

Made a tube, folded the ends into the middle, scrunched and fastened.


Put the middle piece on.


Alligator clip/barrette.




Then I made two other bows out of some different scraps, just because it was fun.



I gave the bow that matches the headband also to my sister, for her baby to wear.

Happy creating!

2 comments: