Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Painting and Portrait


From Leah:





My finished painting from painting class! This was a picture I took at the Pacific ocean. I'm working on a cow now.


From Sarah:


Some Portrait class stuff:

Twenty-five minute quick sketch/shadow study:


Face "mapping":


I cannot get faces to look how they're supposed to -- like, EVER. This is one of the reasons I have procrastinated for years on doing my own children's picture story book, despite several relatives, friends, and acquaintances agreeing that I should try such a project. I can't make something look like the same character over and over, with their different expressions and sundry camera angles. Does anyone else struggle with this as much as I do? Or have you in the past, and now possess the magic drawing formula? If so, I would verily like to hear it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Leah, it is gorgeous!

    Sarah, those quick sketches are well done. A suggestion for character consistency: have a couple of distinct features that you emphasize, and the viewer will be able to tell who is who. You will develop the nuances as do more/many/ lots.

    ReplyDelete