Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Random Updates


Still finding it hard to grasp that we're in the second to last month of the year already! Even though my to-do list has shifted quite a bit in unexpected directions, I think it's safe to say I am getting a good amount of tasks completed. I know that life isn't all about checking things off a list, so I'm trying to enjoy the moments and just being alive; and I suppose as well it is quite a good thing that things don't turn out as I'd been expecting -- first of all, that would make things very boring indeed; and secondly, God knows far better what plans should and should not be realized in our lives! :)

Anyway, now that we have unintentionally waxed slightly philosophical for a minute there -- haha!

Here's a picture of part of my Anime class WIP. The inking is done, and I'm beginning on the color pencil work.



And this is the calendar page for November in my Bullet Journal.



I have been walking to my day job most of days that I work, and in the daytime I take a route which goes through a little piece of this pretty trail. It's very nice, if I remember to look out for the muddy patch and do not slip. Haha! I see squirrels sometimes, and Monday there was a lovely rainbow arching through the sky to the north.


I was thinking with dismay on my Goodreads reading challenge a few weeks ago, because it showed I was six books behind; and in productive reading months I can usually go through an average of four books, which of course means I will not finish in time. I have not been able to carve out the reading time I would have liked to. But then I remembered I could borrow audio books from the library via an app on my phone, and I thought, why not try "reading" during my walks? I must say it is going fabulously. Although, I think I will try not to stress myself out by straining to reach my reading goal for the year, haha! I'm just happy that I found a way to squeeze in more time for book consumption! XD

4 comments:

  1. I've used audio books while walking too. My problem is that I am so visual, the views can often derail my brain focus and I end up missing portions of the book and have to keep back tracking and listening again. I have just found it difficult to listen if there is any visual stimulation at all. Of course other people don't have such problems. I'm glad it helps you multi task!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very interesting post, Sarah. Lovely walking path you have, too.
    Regarding lists, I find them to be extremely helpful in getting things done. That isn’t to say that things from one list don’t get transferred to the next list often, but keeping focus does help.
    Looking forward to seeing your finished version of the illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have liked audiobooks for getting my "reading" done, too! But I find that I can only listen for about 20-25 min at a time (while doing mindless housework, mainly) and after that I feel like my brain is "tired". I don't have that problem when reading-- I can read for hours! It occurred to me that maybe that is how people feel who struggle with reading. My kids really like audiobooks, too, and we have been getting them from the library to listen in the van. It makes trips so peaceful because they are all engrossed in the story. We just finished "The Sign of the Beaver" which was excellent (I read it as a kid, but didn't really remember it).

    ReplyDelete