Friday, December 8, 2017

Advent 8

Rock



8. The Rock

A rock is solid. It is strong, impervious to attacks, unmoving, unchanging. You can depend on it being where you found it, in the same form and substance. A rock is good protection from oncoming threats if you are on one side and the rock is between you and the danger. Think of yourself on one side of a big rock and big nosey bear on the other. That rock is your safety. Rocks also make sturdy building material and fences and pathways, and stepping stones across waters, all of which are more ways to keep bears at bay. Our Savior is called our Rock. He is a dependable barrier to protect us from dangers and attacks if we stay near Him and don't wander off or try to get in front of Him rather than behind Him.

Deuteronomy 32: 3, 4, 18, 30, 31
I Samuel 2: 2
II Samuel 22: 2, 3, 32, 47; 23: 3
Psalm 18: 46; 28: 1; 31: 2, 3; 62; 95
Matthew 7: 24, 25
I Corinthians 10: 4


Abigail's Project

I was sent word and pictures of this creative construction by Abigail (10?), with the note, "She did it all by herself without help." Note the very creative hair. I love the colors, too. Now I hear she is working on more figures with other methods. Abigail, compliments, and I look forward to the next.






3 comments:

  1. There is a song I love "Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I"

    Good job, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbey is 8 :) she was very delighted to get it put on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the age correction. I am glad she was pleased.

    ReplyDelete