Monday, December 4, 2017

Quilt Reborn

I figured it out! I figured out how to get photos from my device to make a post! 🙌🏻 

I took these photos last night to share this quick project but then realized I wouldn't be able to get them here. But! I figured it out! So here they are...

Here's my quick sewing project- 

This week is my #1 son's birthday (on St. Nicholas Day) and tonight his dad and I will be meeting up with him (and his brother) for a birthday supper in the big city.  I recently found this quilt in a storage closet in the barn. It is the quilt I made for Kris when he was a boy and he loved it and used it daily.
 


I've since learned a lot about fabrics and how poorly some are made. In the future any project that I hope will last a lifetime will need to be made from high quality, expensive goods. This quilt, just from a normal amount of love and wear, has fallen apart and is irreparable.
What I did was cut parts from the middle, the less worn area, to make a pillow cover to give Kris for his birthday.

Though less worn, the fabric is still very fragile so won't last a long time but he will get a bit more enjoyment out of his boyhood quilt.

(I had to switch to my laptop to finish this post as the digital device was too uncooperative but at least now I can get photos transferred which was the main reason I was unable to make many posts this year)

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! :D Glad you figured it out! And that project is very cool. Creatively reusing/repurposing of things makes me so happy. X)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you made it work. And I'm sure he will love the pillow. Great little bit of nostalgia for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good news! I love to see what you are doing.
    What a meaningful birthday idea. Greetings and best wishes to Kris.

    I noticed that other of my comments on earlier blogs did not post. ...sigh... It doesn't mean I didn't read or enjoy your posts, or think them worth commenting on, people. I actually did comment and the comments got eaten.

    So for all beautiful posts of beautiful work - THANK YOU ! and I will try to check more to see if my comments actually do go where they are visible.
    Pam, just to reiterate - those quilts you showed are beyond marvellous: creativity and workmanship and colors, all superb.
    Katie, your art projects are very inspiring (but I leave them to you) and I love your soft colors and designs. It is great you are making time for them.
    Sarah Y and Leah, thank you for showing your projects and assignments. They were good and are getting even better. So nice to see.

    ReplyDelete