Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Dublin and South

Except....
We landed in Dublin, in cold and rain, to start our tour. I got some photos of our journey today - Ireland, land of stone walls and hedges, stone houses and grazing sheep, stone bridges and tumbling rivers, and daffodils blooming e rywhere. But... sigh.... my card reader isn’t reading, so I can’t share pictures.

But here are a couple tastes.





We spent quite a bit of time here, getting the tour and looking at the collections. The place has quite the history, designed by a German, for an earl who was the son of a simple butcher, reversals of fortunes, tried to give it away but too much a white elephant, bought by an extremely wealthy Jewish-turned-Christian German couple for a high life home until they died childless, robberies of  great art works, neglect and revival, now open to the public. 




A sample of the elegant rooms and fine art works in the house.
We also saw lots of picturesque villages and countryside, a ruined stone abbey with a graveyard, and many spired churches.

I will try to get some I Pad photos for here. The rest will have to wait until I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment