Saturday, October 26, 2019

Quilt Art Inspiration

 On my birthday last weekend I volunteered to help at the annual Harvest Festival quilt show and as always I was stunned by the creativity and skills of the local quilt artists. I always leave the show so inspired and nursing a strong desire to find some kind of time to do some sewing.







 This pattern is called Attic Windows and there are many ways to use it but I love when it is taken literally like this with great fabrics.


I know a few Bibliophiles who would love having one of these.



I left the show with a large bag of fabric remnants I bought at the discount market. 


Last winter, in the middle of a big, long snowy storm, I was trying to finish a special quilt top but ran out of fabric. This nice lady from the guild invited me over to pick some fabric from her stash. I enjoyed seeing some of her lovely creations.


Sally loaned me the pattern for this wall hanging and I've decided it's something I can manage right now though so much busy-ness is looming as well as holidays.

These are the fabrics I'll use--


Then, the other day driving home from a visit to grandchildren I made a stop at a quilt shop and could not resist these gorgeous fabric---

This is a panel and I just loved it's painterly style! I intend to just sandwich it with some batting and that floral fabric as backing and start handquilting around the flowers. Its great to just have something to jump into handsewing (my favorite stress reducing, meditative activity) without a lot of prep work.

Bring on the bad weather! I think I'm ready now.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! That flower panel is gorgeous! I like the handsewing idea... I could get into that... The idea of piecing is overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that attic window one is SUPER COOL! And that one with all the open books! <3

    So excited for your new project!

    ReplyDelete