Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Random Update


Some random updates for you:

Inktober has been going okay; I am losing a bit of steam, but I don't feel panicked about falling VERY far behind, or about not finishing, so I guess that's good?

This picture doesn't really have anything to do with this post; I just needed a picture here haha. (It is a random sketch from when I was playing around with some comic style story stuff.)

I got my first inquiry about a commissions piece on Instagram. (They didn't want to pay, at least not at the moment, so it dropped, but it still makes me think, Is my art getting somewhere now?)

I've been considering doing NaNoWriMo this November (If you don't remember, National Novel Writing Month is a writing event thing with its own website and stuff, where writers try to write a whole novel, or at least 50,000 words, during the month of November.). I've done the online "camps" before (April and July, I think they're in?) at 25,000 word goals, but I've never been able to join the bigger challenge in November.

But I also haven't written anything in a long time, so I am guaranteed to be quite rusty. Not that my writing has ever been anything other than problematic and clunky. Also, this is a crazy idea. Will that completely prevent me from considering it any further? Nope. What is my problem, haha.

I don't know. I've just been kind of on a role with challenges this year (pretty much the only thing that's been working for me of the things I've tried to accomplish in 2019, ugh), with my Mermay in June thing, and now Inktober -- I've never totally finished these things before, so it almost makes me want to actually take a whack at the writing challenge, you know?

Although, writing is different from creating artwork.

And I can't decide which story idea to go with if I DID try the writing thing...

Hm, yeah. I don't know.

Also, I was wondering if I should stop posting to this blog, mostly because it feels like these days I always have nothing even remotely important to say or show, and I'm not going to art school this semester, so...?

That's it for my random update rambling. :)


2 comments:

  1. I don't think you should stop posting. I enjoy seeing your progress. (I also know you have more art you don't show.) Plus it holds you accountable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, yeah, about the "other artwork" -- I don't know, for some odd reason I don't like posting the same things on Instagram that I do here on the blog. Also, I feel like I need to not post some things. Some pieces are just for fun, or just for myself; and not EVERYTHING one makes has to go online, or get shown to others, right? :)

      And yes, I suppose, actually, that posting here gives me more of a push as far as making sure I do at least one drawing from life a month. Which I should really try to increase the frequency of...?

      Delete