Friday, December 6, 2019

Advent 6

St. Nicholas Day

I know the thoughts that I think toward you, Saite the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will harken unto you.”
Jeremiah 29

Very few of us are home today, so we are not celebrating the arrival of Sami Claus and Schmutzli, and there is no big book with all ones deeds of year to be recited and and either praised or admonished. And there is no burlap bag of goodies for each in the household. But we remember. 

But, St. Nicholas did come to our house in another form and will be much enjoyed on a later day. 



Pure, solid chocolate, two feet tall. 

All these little Clauses are merely decorative pretenders.







The dearly loved bears, surely Real by now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment