Tuesday, December 3, 2019

More BuJo Stuff


I was kind of pleased with this month's Bullet Journal "designs" again, so thought I'd share a peek with you, and build a little on what I'd kind of shown from this last month, if that's anything you'd like to see.

No, my monthly Task List is not always this long -- usually only about half to two-thirds of what is shown here -- it's just that since it's the end of the year, there are a lot of little ends to wrap up. :)


I've found that, at least for me, Bullet Journalling is something that I have to be content to have in an "unfinished" state, sometimes never totally "finished," because there are always things you add or cross out or transfer; it's a constantly evolving thing that bends and molds to however you want it to work for you -- a tool, and not a piece of artwork.

When I first started out a few years ago, this really bugged me, because it was so messy, but since then I have gotten mostly used to the "messiness," and besides, I sort of have a system down now that doesn't turn out quite as all-over-the-place, haha.

I like it because I have to make To-Do lists, or I go nuts trying to remember what stuff I was supposed to do. This way of doing it is so much nicer than having a bunch of scribbled old envelopes piling up, as I used to do before I discovered the world of Bullet Journals. (I still use old envelopes for other random lists, but there aren't as many, and it is not a situation that threatens to smother me in my sleep then.)


"weekly spread" (Please excuse the sloppy writing; this is generally meant only for my use, not for anyone else's eyes.)

About halfway through this year, I switched from doing two days on one side of a page at a time, to using both facing pages to create a "weekly spread" (shown above), which was much more conducive to my sanity, as it helped me to see what needed to be done per week at a glance, and plan my strategy for scheduling accordingly, instead of just piling up the tasks day by day until the last moment (which usually meant they were just pushed further ahead, because there wasn't enough time to complete them). Don't get me wrong, I still overfill my plate too often, and stuff still gets pushed out of time, but it's easier to foresee the impending doom this way, and that's some odd comfort. I guess having a rough idea of what monster you are growing is agreeable, somehow.

Anyway, yeah. This is basically what I do for every month -- just the calendar-ish page and the tasks for the month, then I just make the weekly spreads as needed. Nothing fancy. I try to use a different lettering font and theme for each month, but other than that, things stay pretty much the same every time.

I might show you how I set up my Index and front pages for the Year, once that time comes around with my next journal, I don't know. Unless it's not interesting. It's not actually that interesting, haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment