Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Webcomic Concept Sketches and Experiments


It's too harrrrrrrrd...

Haha, it's not, of course; it's only a-bit-more-than-normal-difficult.

Why did I decide to do this again, though?

WHYYYYY?

XD

Trying to make the same face over again with different expressions, and failing, like usual.

Some backstory stuff

Sloppily figuring out some outfit designs (with the help of Pinterest)

testing out digital drawing and cell shading stuff in MediBang Paint app (I call this piece Collision Imminent, hahaha. Cheesy nonsense.)


hahaha kind of like this suspicious expression, tho


So, yeah, this is a glimpse of the kind of stuff I've been struggling over, for the past couple of weeks, in my free time.

At least half of the characters are named now.

I need to remember not to be perfectionist about this project. It's my first big attempt at this kind of thing, so of course it won't be fabulous. If I don't start sometime I won't ever start at all.

Maybe I really am not ready for this. Maybe I won't ever be. Also, it seems kind of a foolish undertaking. How does this help anyone?

It takes pretty much full-time-job kind of hours to consistently put up a webcomic, they say. Not that I didn't know about that when I set out. It just seems scarier because it's not just an idea anymore, but has very real possibilities of happening, haha.

I know I'm definitely going to set up a "buffer" of work while I am working on the story proper, when I actually do start to publish this story; which means that the real date of the story going up online will be a little later than I would like, but that is no surprise.


AAAAND, CHRISTMAS APPROACHETH.

I don't think I'll post on the blog the next couple of weeks, because that is hard to do when I'm hopping about on airplanes and such, you know? (We had family and friends who kindly pitched in for tickets to go see our family this season, or we would not have been able to go.)

A blessed Christmas to you, and I wish you a "good slide" into the new year! :D


5 comments:

  1. Oh shtahp already with the second guessing!

    I LOVE seeing these progress sketches. It's so exciting, I can't wait to see it all. Please don't take eight years!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it is my curse, @Clayvessel. Thank you, though! I will try my hardest to speed up the delays XD

      Delete
  2. Oh, I LOVE these. I see progress!

    Remember that it takes 1,000 hours to master something. That's 40 hours/week for about 5 years. You gotta get those hours in somewhere! Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry... I left of a 0... 10,000 hours. 10,000.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yeah, I THOUGHT I'd remembered that number differently XD

      Also, thank you for the compliments and encouragement!

      Delete