Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Creating a Custom Brush in Clip Studio Paint


I decided I needed a Celtic Knot motif brush for a drawing I was doing on Clip Studio Paint of my webcomic characters; so I googled "how to make a custom brush in Clip Studio," and I found the most excellent tutorial by Tammy Coron on Smith Micro.

The steps were really clearly laid out, and I had absolutely no trouble following the instructions.

With my first attempt, I didn't like the texture I'd chosen...


...So I tried with a thicker line:




And here it is in use! XD


That's originally what I wanted to do with it, and even though it's not perfect (I could have definitely been more perfectionist and picky in my creation of the brush), I am totally stoked with how easy it was to actually do, and I've got my nerd buzz for the week, hahaha!


2 comments: