Tuesday, February 25, 2020

My Favorite Couch


A life drawing along with some random furniture appreciation...? Sure...!

My sister and I were blessed to acquire this couch for free when we were first moving into our current apartment, last February (it's been a whole year now, whaaaat!?); and it is my most favorite couch that I have ever met, haha! This was actually really fun to draw -- there were so many different textures and patterns to scribble around!

Hey, I remembered to take a wip shot! XD

(forgot to crop out the Christmas/faerie lights, whoops)

also this little table is cool, but we're only borrowing it for now

Okay, it might be a little silly, but one of the things that I love about this couch is the little ditch along the top edge between the pillowy back rest and the actual back of the piece of furniture -- it serves as a perfect shelf whereon to lay one's heavy braid when one is resting there. XD

Another reason this couch is great: it is actually quite comfortable to sleep on -- which I was super thankful for when I had to for the first month after we'd settled in -- because it's not very narrow, and doesn't have really noticeable boards digging into one's hip.

Mostly I just wanted to draw the couch because I have found it really fun to record specific objects in my sketchbook, as doing so is a way to look at the details differently and also to kind of create a souvenir of sorts.

It was a really good idea to draw in my sketchbook tonight, and I probably wouldn't have if I didn't have this little goal of drawing from life at least once a month. So tired. I should go to sleep now so I can be at least partially alive at work tomorrow. Sorry I'll be slacking on catching up on the blog again this week. Later! :)

2 comments: