Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Just Markers


I felt it had been a while since I'd played around with some marker lettering, so that's what I decided to create with after work Monday night.

I also thought it would be fun to do some floral doodling, so I incorporated that into the piece as a border around the lettering.

I chose to letter the first line of the second stanza of the German lyrics to the hymn Be Still, My Soul, since the tune was stuck in my head (not a bad thing, of course -- it is so pretty!). I looked up the words on Google, haha.

So, yes, this was a pretty spontaneous page, just to wind down and indulge my artistic itch for the evening. It's crooked, and flawed, and a tiny bug had the brilliant idea to land on the bottom edge of the paper and disguise itself as a speck of debris so that I swiped it away, and therefore its remains became part of the project; but so it goes.

behold the bug stain


detail

I've been feeling extra grateful for translators this month; I don't know why, haha.

Still slowly working by bits on my webcomic project, although I have been sidetracked a bit from that this past week by working on some things to send to my younger sisters, as well as some small art contests/challenges on Instagram. It is really coming along though. I am rather excited and anxious, and expect to be ready to put up the first episode/chapter on Webtoon by the end of next month. We will see about that, though. I have not been very accurate in my deadlines of late. XD

Also, I'm sorry I don't have time tonight (when I'm writing this, at the last possible minute, ahaha) to catch up on the recent posts and such here -- I will get back to it as soon as I can. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment