Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Watercolor 393

First Try

While away for the wedding, I was given two pads of pure cotton hot pressed water color paper from my students. 
I actually have never used hot pressed paper before (that I can remember), so I was eager to try it. I travel with watercolors, even if I am fairly sure I won’t have time for them, so I was equipped, even though I didn’t have real time to focus. (In answers to question on previous post, no, I didn’t paint on the trip, and yes, I had pre-scheduled posts before I left.)
So, I tried the paper. It makes a soft finish. It is super easy to lift color. It will take some practice to get used to the new feel and techniques required. I think it will be lovely for illustration work, and especially for detailed work.

Thank you, Students!



My first quick sketch on hot pressed water color paper.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what else you do with it. I have only worked a little on hot press, but I do LOVE pure cotton. Such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!! Can't wait to see your next pieces! :D

    ReplyDelete