Tuesday, March 24, 2020

March Life Drawing


It's a little unproportioned, but once again it was good to do. :)

Just a regular pen and my sketchbook. I don't know if I ever really explained my process, so I will today, haha!

I start by figuring out roughly how wide and tall things are, and getting the major angles down, then begin adding the smaller shapes...


...and placing most noticeable shadows...


...until I get nearly finished, when I go back and see where I need more contrast and details.


The shadow cast by the object is almost always dead last when I do these drawings.

This one took me only a little over an hour to do. I am at a pretty comfortable place doing most inanimate objects now, although I still feel like I should be quicker at drawing; so if you see areas I should actively work on to improve, please let me know! I am having trouble finding major problems by myself, other than that I can't get proportions right usually. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment