Thursday, November 17, 2022

For ME

In Today's Mail

Rarely does the mail bring anything personal any more. We get bills and catalogs and solicitations and junk advertisements, but almost no one writes a letter. Very rarely we will get a handwritten thank you for a wedding gift, and at Christmas we still do get occasional cards with handwritten messages. But today the mail had a package, for me, not work materials for my boys, not some nightgown or pan I ordered, but an actual person to person package.  It was a surprise package from my sister. It was a handmade gift for me. It was something that took a lot of time, loving attention, and heart. For me. 
Thank you, Mary.
Instead of throwing away the multitudes of papers that come our way, she sifted through them and found the pretty pieces, the fine designs, the evocative, and the pleasing bits. She put these together in a book of hand made pages, with pockets and flaps, stamps, and stamping, and layers upon layers full of pretties. 
Behold - 




With a charming bookmark!















… and many more.

It was meant to be inspiring, and it is. My fingers are itching….

But that wasn’t all. My birthday is coming, and always shortly thereafter is Thanksgiving, so there were cards inside, with handwritten messages from my sister and my mother. Here, one DOES NOT give birthday wishes before the day, so those cards are reserved for the day. But I can show you some of the other pieces included, which are a poke to get busy MAKING things. 



Handmade translucent paper



Pockets



And ready-to-use layers



Thank you, Mary. You made my day. 

 



3 comments:

  1. Lovely and wonderful! What a creative and thoughtful idea, Mary! Yes, the disappearance of meaningful mail is very sad. I try to send more cards and notes now than I have been to try to counteract that. And because it is a small thing that can brighten a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you Sarah. ๐ŸŽ‰♥️๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŽŠYou’re always so kind loving and caring to everyone I wanted to make something I enjoyed and knew you would have fun using. Have fun with it and make it joyfully your own. And create one of your own. Love you. Happy birthday MONTH. It’s a special one and deserves a whole month ♥️๐ŸŽ‚ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! What a lovely idea!! I've been writing to some of my younger siblings, and we send little fanarts and "custom phone cases" back and forth to each other. XD Happy belated birthday!!! God bless you. Take care of yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete