Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Back to (Art) School

EEP! WE'RE BACK IN ART SCHOOL!

My sister Leah and I have taken the leap to commit to taking a few years away from home to try to further our art. (It's a really big change for us, and I have already had several small breakdowns; but I'm sure that if we try to do our best, and pray for God's blessings on our endeavors, He will see us through. WORST CASE scenario is that it doesn't all work out and we have to go back home prematurely -- but we'd still have extra knowledge; and extremely-little-to-no debt, unlike we'd be collecting from going to a normal college instead of the trade school. Yay!)

So, to tide you over whilst we are in a flurry of settling in, finding jobs, and getting buckets of homework, here are pics of some of the exercises we did in class this past week:

Leah's

Watercolor - techniques

Drawing 201 - 15minute quick draw

Drawing 201 - 15minute quick draw

Anime - faces and poses

Mine

We're taking mostly the same classes this semester - this is just a mish-mash of my exercises, sorry lol



In other news, I signed up spur-of-the-moment for a free email webinar on Etsy shop business basics (Say that 5 times fast? Haha!). I took notes with the worksheets included, and now I almost feel I have enough to go on to get started...

(The webinar was called Your First 100 Etsy Sales, by Renae Christine)

...If I can think of a name for the shop... *face palm*

And of course, it is not at the top of my priority list at this moment.

-------------------
 P.S. I don't know what went wonky that this didn't post this morning, but better late than never, maybe?

1 comment:

  1. First, congratulations for taking the big step of following your dreams. Your beautiful work shows you are doing as you ought.
    Second, something must be befuddling this site to have two posts in a row not publish. Let's see how mine does today.
    Third, now that you two are doing serious art studies again, would you share some of the insights you are gaining as to the why's and wherefore' of art. Not techniques, but what does I t mean to you to be an artist? What are your responsibilities as an artist, to yourself, to your work, to fitting art in your life or your life to art? What makes something art? Is there a difference between art and craft? Does it matter? Can some art be bad and still be art, or by being bad is it thus disqualified? And so on. Art does require thought to make it meaningful.

    ReplyDelete