Friday, September 22, 2017

Catching up...

It has been awhile since I posted here... travel and harvest and restarting homeschool have been completely occupying my mind.  I feel like my creative brain is broken lately, but I can show you a few things that I made in the past month or so.



This is a lettering project I did for Loraine as a baby shower gift.  Not a very conventional baby shower gift, I know, but I knew she would like it.  Unfortunately, this is only a process shot and I completely forgot to take a photo of the final result!



The quote is attributed to Socrates: "The goal of education is to cultivate wisdom and virtue by nurturing the soul with goodness, truth and beauty."


While visiting at my Mom's house (and enjoying her beautiful, soul-feeding gardens!) I had a little time for some watercolor in my sketchbook.  I had only my travel palate, an extra fine sharpie, and one water brush.


This little anemone was fun because of it's crazy, playful shape.




I went for quick and loose and bright and I really enjoyed doing these.





This hydrangea had the most unique and wonderful color!



I did not get brave enough to paint these roses, but I enjoyed walking by them and smelling them every day, and took a photo.





Now we are preparing for our County Fair, and the weather is appropriately hot (instead of rainy as it usually is at the end of September).  The boys all have baking to do today which we will take in for judging tomorrow morning, and there are art projects to get ready to hang.  I will try to post photos of those things next week sometime.  And then there is that joint project with my Mom which I will finish and post soon as well.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Katie. How very juicy are your watercolours. Delightful.
    Very best wishes with fair projects, and do let us see, too?

    ReplyDelete