Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Practices and Hikes


From Leah




Watercolor practice. I was told I'm doing good! It's pretty fun and takes patience. :)




This is a painting in progress, of a picture I took at the Oregon coast. My painting teacher wanted me to do another landscape and so I chose a water scape. I think we're planning on making a wave but we might just finish this up and move on.




This was a "finished project" of the illustration thing I was doing. I don't like the colors, but it turned out ok and was satisfying to the teacher so that's fine with me! That's what ya get for last-minute homework!



From Sarah



Homework mishmash again -- sorry. That is pretty much how my brain sees the stuff right now anyway, haha.

Just keep swimming... IT'S ALL GOOD! XD

Refreshingly, though, I took an awesome hike this past week. The view was fabulous, the company was good, and the fresh air and exercise was needed (a little too much for all at once though, haha).


Gorge-ous! XD I love it...

I'm still waiting in apprehension for the soreness and stuff to catch up with me... but it's not really happening??? Weird. Maybe saying so online will jinx it into showing up.

Okay, I'll stop rambling now. It would probably help if I got some sleep tonight. I was accidentally up until three yesterday...

Actual footage of my brain this week -- jk I'm not THAT crazy...yet lol

[So, I feel like my posts are getting more and more random, and odd, and scary?? Please let me know if I'm getting out of hand, or if the stuff I put up is super not enjoyable to go through at all and my bits of words feel like a chore to read... 'Kay? Thanks! :) ]

P.S. The GIF is from the movie Meet the Robinsons.

3 comments:

  1. Not odd or scary!
    It is quite all right to say what is going on in your life at the time. We all go through those kinds of days now and again.

    Leah, lovely color gradations in your watercolors.
    In your illustrations, it is not necessary that illustrations be anatomically correct, and both of your characters are quite expressive, but the bottom one needs some focus , so we the viewers know what you are trying to convey to us. What kind of reaction are we supposed to have to the character or situation? Pulling a reaction from us is your job as an illustrator.

    Sarah, your mish-mash looks quite lovely, too, shading on Bird, face study (more brain room?), figure studies, and that darling lion.
    Now get some sleep! And keep up the good work.


    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relief, haha! Sometimes I really miss my childhood.

    The face I didn't finish drawing was wearing a baseball cap, so maybe that accounts for it not looking like it has enough brain-space?

    ReplyDelete