Tuesday, October 10, 2017

One Haiku and a Throwback Zentangle



Moving - Haiku


'Tween work and homework
We pack and shuffle our stuff
Over the river


We have been beyond busy this week, so I'm just giving you a short poem I made (see haiku above), and a throwback picture of a digital "zentangle" doodle I did at least a year ago on my phone, when I was first getting interested in the stuff. It's a totally random drawing -- I have no idea what that big swirly tentacle-like thing is in the top left corner. Haha!


I seriously need to find a way to squeeze in some chill time. I feel like I'm just constantly go, go, going, and it's really wearing on me. I'm actually surprised I haven't gotten sick already (maybe I will now that I said something, haha!), but then sometimes I'm surprised by how much I can take above what I thought I could handle... Doesn't help if I push myself too hard and over-estimate my abilities, though. I'm only human; humans need to rest once in a while.

ACTUALLY, I just remembered I read a book. A whole book. I shirked my to-do list for a few hours several days ago, and just sat there with a mug of tea and a book; and I finished the whole book. It was quite relaxing. I felt like a proper old maid, laughing over the pages with a cat sleeping on the couch nearby, haha.

Maybe I should make a haiku about reading, too. Or maybe YOU would like to give it a try? :D

3 comments:

  1. That zentangle is most definitely your trip to the ocean! It's great!

    You are a speedy reader! I admire the ability to finish a book so quickly (my husband does too) because it's not unusual for me to take months....:-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....that is my husband finishes books quickly, not admires as I do.....{{{grammar}}}🙄

      Delete
    2. Thank you! :D

      It was a children's chapter book, so it only took me like three hours to read through it. Nothing impressive, just refreshing, haha. :)

      Delete