Friday, January 12, 2018

Wintery Projects

A lettering challenge prompt on Instagram was "artsy new year's resolution", so here is mine:




I don't know that I actually can... but I want to do more art, or just more bits of practice here and there.





These are some bookmarks I made from Gelli prints to go with Christmas gifts. 


In November I made these pillows as gifts:



The two larger pillows were for a wedding shower, the smaller ended up being a Christmas gift to a friend.  I stenciled and lettered with acrylic paint mixed with fabric medium onto some solid canvas material I had around, then sewing it into pillows.


And so sorry for the grainy photos, but these are some box cushion floor pillows I just finished for our living room.  I want to make floor-sitting more appealing to us all, and these help a lot.



I used thrifted, remnant, and repurposed material that I had around AND I got to learn a new skill-- tufting!!  That took some doing, but really makes the pillows firmer and keeps the stuffing from migrating.




And for the sake of reality, here is the world's ugliest sourdough bread I baked this  morning.  The jalapeno cheese bread was supposed to be a gift, but... I guess not.  Gah.  You win some, you loose some.



3 comments:

  1. Floor sitting. what a great idea.
    the jalapeno cheese bread that you gave us was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those floor cushions look lovely! What kind of padding do you put in them to keep them a bit stable?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited you're trying to do more creative things this year and I can't wait to see your posts of them, Katie! Also, those bookmarks are just *SWOON*

    ReplyDelete