Thursday, February 22, 2018

More February Flowers

Well, I have not exactly been "keeping up" with the Instagram flower challenges, but I've done a few.  




The above is some loose play with my fabulous triangle brush.






We spend the mornings on school work...





...and I am pecking away and spring-cleaning, a little every day (more in anticipation of spring, while the weather is actually snowy).





But some days in the afternoon I can make time for playing with my pens and paints. 





Nothing finished or special, but it's something.





It's a good way to enjoy flowers...




...until the real ones show up... months from now, probably.



6 comments:

  1. So, so cheery, Katie. Gorgeous colors.
    Request: might you sometime have a son take a close up photo of you doing a petal stroke with your triangle brush?
    I don't have one, but I might be interested....
    I especially like.... well, all of them... but notably the blue shades in your Periwinkles (Singrüeni!).

    It is great that you are taking time for your art. And yes, they are special. You know, your children will have them framed all over their houses, so take good care of them.
    By the way, what is the paper size of that pad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Raffine all-media sketch pad, size 5.5"x 8.5". Nice heavy paper, and I just painted the last page... need to replace it ASAP.

      And the best way to see the use of the triangle brush is on YouTube like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgTbwyAFHOw
      I didn't use that stroke exactly, I "wiggled" it a little more to make the petals less perfect.

      Delete
    2. Hm, I don't think that link will work. If you go to YouTube and search for "Esther Peck triangle brush", she is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. I'm blown away by how much you've improved the last couple years, It goes to show what progress steady work will accomplish. You are nearly ready to illustrate a floral book or make notecards or get an Etsy shop or something! Absolutely love the Amaryllis, including the lettering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heartily second that: steady work makes progress. And the lovely work!

    ReplyDelete