Monday, February 19, 2018

Swedish Hearts

Woven Paper

These are something that I ran across and wanted to try. So I made some for cards for Opa's  Birthday tomorrow. They are not entirely finished, but you get the idea.

From pattern to weaving. You cut out two of each design, in contrasting papers and weave them at right angles to make a heart shape.
For some of these I had a pattern, but no idea what the result would be until I put them together.









This doesn't have the eyes cut out yet, so doesn't quite look like an owl.

This and a few others I still want to try sometime.


5 comments:

  1. Those are very cool! So simple to complex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are really cool! I'll have to try some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are intriguing, but a bit tricky to assemble. You need patience. Lots of ideas on internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen weaved hearts other than the basic I think I will try some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do! Make some. Start simple to get the feel.

    By the way, they are supposed to be doubled (which can get very tricky to weave with complex cuts), to make a basket, but I just did mine single layered.

    ReplyDelete