Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Tree Sketch and Watercolor Practice


I am going to try to do more life drawing with my random free-time doodles this year, and this month I tried to capture the tree outside my window with a pen. It's just a messy sketch, but it was oddly satisfactory for the most part. XD


And here's my WIP watercolor class practice:


I know, my colors are super light. I need to saturate it more or something, and I know how; I just always have this kind of really gentle approach to the beginnings of projects, where I subconsciously want to make sure I have room to fix mistakes. It was almost a problem with my color pencil class last semester -- I needed more confidence to get the burnishing and blending done. Haha! At least my hesitation is not so bad that I have trouble putting ANYTHING onto the blank page at the start, right?

Also, Leah and I are going to be gone for about a week, so I'm thinking of not posting for next Tuesday, which will be one less thing I have to get done before we leave. So, we'll see you here again March 13, Lord willing! :)

1 comment:

  1. From Life! That is good!
    It is quite all right to start very light with watercolour. Layers are wonderful. I hope we get to see the finished work.

    ReplyDelete