Tuesday, February 20, 2018

New Semester


We've started a new semester at art school!

I'm taking a beginner acrylic painting class this semester. Here is the practice piece I did on canvas paper:

It was really fun doing the tree!

And I'm also (as well as my sister Leah) taking a more advanced figure drawing class.

2-minute life sketch to see where we were at already, before lessons

Gesture drawings - coils

The teacher is applying some of Bridgman's methods for quick gesture capturing

Lunar New Year was this past Friday, and it reminded me that I still haven't gotten that recap up for last year that I feel like I need to do. Haha. Soon. My new year's business usually starts in February and stretches into March anyway, so I'm not going to beat myself up about being late on life again. And I'm going to make the recap thing just to close up my post from last year's New Year, and not going to pull it into this one; so I hope to not have a recap to do next year. (Unless that kind of thing is fun?)

Happy Year of the Dog to everyone! XD

2 comments:

  1. Your mountain reminds me of the Matterhorn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Start, Sarah. It is really good that you are doing life drawing. Quick sketches are excellent for training the eye to to see and capture form.
    I agree with you about conifer trees being fun to paint. Looking forward to seeing more of what you do as you do it.

    And that re-cap of the year – yes, that is very good to do. It doesn't matter if we get all the goals at some specific time, but it is good to reflect on how our time was used, how we improved, what we would like to attempt and achieve next, and so forth.

    Year of the dog.... hmmm. That might spark something.

    ReplyDelete