Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Crochet and Denim Hair Bow


I made a hair bow a couple of weeks ago.

I crocheted a piece, just eye-balling and not measuring, from a stitch pattern I found on Pinterest when I looked for "Irish lace;" whether it actually is an Irish lace pattern or not, it was a lot of fun to crochet and I think it is quite pretty. I used some white cotton crochet thread and a U.S. size 7 (1.5mm) steel crochet hook.

Then I cut from a pair of old jeans a piece of denim that was roughly the size of the crocheted piece.


I sewed the two pieces together, then joined the short sides and sewed them, so I had a little tube.


I cut another smaller piece of denim (I'll guess it was maybe four inches by two and a half inches?), rolled the rough edges underneath longways, and sewed it around the middle of the tube after pinching it into a bow shape.

I sewed an alligator clip to the back of the bow. (Kind of messy, and I might have to figure out a way to redo it differently if it comes apart, but it holds okay for now, haha)



And there it is!


Not the most polished of projects, but it was fun, and I think it turned out kind of pretty, even if it was a bit bigger than the size bow I was trying to make. :)

4 comments:

  1. That is really pretty, Sarah, and a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lace is amazing! I am all thumbs when it comes to those kind of things, so i find it extra-impressive that you can just "eye-ball" it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I eye-balled the sizes of the pieces, but I was using a stitch pattern for the crochet, in case I didn't make that clear enough. :)

      Delete