Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Mini Mad Hatter Top Hat, Part II


FINALLY, the other half of the tour/tutorial for the Mini Mad Hatter Top Hat (a.k.a. the For Fun project that I started almost a year ago, haha!)

(Side note: I could have done this post sooner, since the hat has been as far along to completion as it is now, for about two months at least. I felt like it needed something more in order to be deemed "complete;" but now I look at it and decide that the official Hat part of the hat is as good as it's going to get, even if I might decide later on to embellish it a bit more after all, whenever I find some suitable materials for that purpose.)

OKAY! RESUMING TOUR/TUTORIAL:

I settled upon using once-used wrapping paper to cover the hat with, because it was what was available in my stash of craftsy odds and ends. It was double-sided, so I had two variations to choose from.

I was originally going to use the little length of ribbon in the construction as well, but ended up leaving it out.



I used mostly tape to hold the paper in place with. I used the contrasting side for the ribbon/middle, and glued a round piece to the bottom as well, to cover up any remaining evidence of my cobbling. XD

Held stuff in place with binder clips again, while glue dried...the edges were not that peely-looking when it was all done.


So, yeah! There it is. :)

I still think it needs some feathers and bling or something, and I think I would like to attach it to a headband for a silly hair accessory or something. I'm not sure what else it could be used for. A Christmas tree ornament? A knick-knack?

Who knows?

5 comments:

  1. Well, that paper looks familiar!

    And I imagined it was going on a Mad Hatter doll...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, right? Yeah, idk about that...maybe I could crochet a doll like that? Sounds like a fun idea, actually -- think I'll put it on my project list, haha!

      Delete
  2. I see my comment never arrived on the site. Odd. But I am glad to see you finished the project, Sarah. It is satisfying to do so. Thanks for showing us. If the hat gets a head, we'd like to see that, too.

    ReplyDelete