Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Reformation Day!

Happy little accidents happened today.

I got on my computer to draw some more comic work, which I haven't gotten to do much of this week, and I saw that my browser was still open to Little Bird blog since I had merely hibernated my laptop when I last put it away instead of shutting it completely down (though I'd shut off the WiFi connection).

Thus, I saw the lovely post with the tree and the request for posts for Reformation Day, whereas I usually only look at the blog once a week, mostly Sunday nights or Mondays (my time).

I was planning on doing some letter art related to the Reformation theme anyway, just maybe not right that minute, but then I decided to just jump into it so I could create something to post.

It turned out more time-consuming and complex than I'd originally intended, but it was really fun and relaxing (when I wasn't messing up three times and having to start over, or taking forever to decide what to do with the background/border, or my marker wasn't drying out). :)

And it's still Reformation Day in my area of the world, so I'm posting it anyway.

(I was going to try to rearrange the WIP photos so they were more orderly, but I got really frustrated with the stupid image settings and navigation on Blogger, sorry haha)


practicing how I wanted to make the marks
featuring a mess-up




the finished page

it was lining up pretty nicely until the last word -_- XD


Lemme know if you see any grievous typo-type mistakes, because I noticed the paper I was copying the quote from had the R and the H switched in the word Wahreit, and also because it was Mess Up As Much As Possible day today lol

Also I need to remember to set my clock back tonight for the time change...

God bless! <3


4 comments:

  1. This is GREAT Sarah! I didn't even notice the last word alignment until you pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, beautiful work! Your save with the roses perfectly completed your design. So, something isn’t a mess up, unless you say it is so. This is a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely and you can put it any way you want it. Called art. 😃👍🏻

    ReplyDelete