Tuesday, June 22, 2021

A "Bavarian Village" Visit

I had the pleasure of joining my roommate and her mom and some of her sisters on a few-days' trip to the "Bavarian Village" of Leavenworth, Washington, USA.

It was pretty cool. I was a bit spoiled with having once been to a little piece of actual Europe, though, and it made me really want to go again. Leavenworth felt like if you woke up there with no idea of how you got there or where you were, you would still be at least 85% positive you were in America.

Anyway, here are a few of the pictures I took. I am not going to try to rearrange them in Blogger here, but hopefully that is not too confusing.


faux sculpture work and neat murals were on many of the buildings

I liked the pattern of this floor in a boutique. (Ugly shoes for scale)

A couple of the streets were closed off for pedestrian use only, with the exception of the occasional FedEx and UPS trucks that inched through. A lot of tables were stacked and chained for covid spacing, but the mandatory mask-wearing conversations were minimal or nonexistent.


I liked the painting on this shop.

detail

Cascade Mountains in the back - I didn't ever get a proper photo, and they didn't have as much snow on them as we expected (as those who had been here before tried to remember).


We tasted cheeses and oils and vinegar and mustards, and ate gelato and sausage and chocolate and pancakes.

also there were some pretty plants

kind of want to know what these ones are called, but I've been too lazy to try to find them online

"chocolate" ceiling in a chocolate and gifts shop


There was live accordion playing in the gazebo at the park the second day we were walking around.

 

2 comments:

  1. The decorative painting is nicely authentic. The reason for the American feeling is probably the SPACE. No European town has so much; they are all hip to hip, with winding tiny cobblestone streets. And nothing is level or square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty place to visit. I’d go there.

    ReplyDelete