Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Not Dead

Another Chance

When I see something that appears dead, or nearly so, I probably should throw it out. “Don’t keep old stuff, Mom.”
But where there is potential life, there is hope, I believe. 
I had a pretty little poinsettia from Christmas, but it got over or under watered (very difficult plants), and lost all its leaves. Bare stalk, throw it away. But I put it by my sink so I would see it all the time (dishwashing is never ending), kept the soil slightly moist, and was rewarded…




This is about May 24.



A couple of weeks later.



And today. This is heartwarming to me.

The original plant had white bracts.  Whether it gets them again remains to be seen, if I can keep this one growing. 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It will be a happier plant now that it’s not a pampered nursery princess.

    Now if you do the same it’s that African violet (keep it moist) it will be plump and green and may even bloom for you. πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great! :D I hope it grows well!

    ReplyDelete