Friday, June 22, 2018

Dreadful Drive

Beautiful Country

So, when the truck is too big for the little mountain roads, and half the hairpin turns need two- or three- point turns, when the end of the truck is over the side of mountain, and when one of you has to back up if you meet someone, some of us wonder whatever possessed me to want to do this trip. But my driver is competent and efficient  in this sort of terrain, so we arrived safely (with unknown numbers of smushed angels).
Excuse the through-the-windshield pictures. I was trying to keep my innards inward and enjoy the views.


































Arrived!


We are in a high mountain village called Soglio. More to follow.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! (And slightly terrifying...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I agree with Katie! If my mom saw this, we would suggest making the drive in an RV (as we used to take a great deal of our family trips in one) to tease her. XD

    ReplyDelete