Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Japanese Garden


I'm going to guess that a few of you who read the blog here have already been to some Japanese gardens, probably even cooler than this one we went to about two weeks ago; but it was my first time at one, so I thought I'd share some of the pictures I took of what I found interesting. :)

(Unlike the rose garden, you had to pay to get into this one.)





moss instead of grass?


the koi pond was really cool






The koi fish were so much bigger than I had pictured them to be before I saw some in real life. I had thought they would maybe be about the size of my hand, but most of the ones here were about as long as half of my arm. I suppose I could have Googled the specs on these creatures or looked them up in a book or something if I'd really wanted to know then, haha. Anyway, they were awesome.







There was a mini museum thing with five or so exhibits about Shokunin work in one of the buildings, and this exhibit was the most interesting to me.


THESE BASKET-WEAVE BRACELETS ARE SO COOL



Thank you for your time. I hope you found this post not very boring! :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for the tour. I do love Japanese gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how long it takes to clean between all the stones.

    ReplyDelete