Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Life-Drawing Doodles and a Bit About Last Year's Goals (2017)


I have been trying to do at least one life drawing doodle a month, hoping to up the frequency as time goes on. Slow and steady, right? XD

So here are the pen sketches from the past months since I posted here on Little Bird:



from April

from May
I don't really know the techniques for pen and ink drawing, but I am working on learning them soon, and I enjoy scribbling around with an ordinary ball-point pen for some of my doodles.

Also, I need to review the goals I had posted last year, because it bothers me and I just need to do it and get it out of my system so it's closed and we don't need to hear about it ever again. I think. Haha, but yes, I will probably try to refrain from posting things that need to be reviewed or take more than one post to complete in the future... (*cough* the cardboard mini top hat... *cough, cough* I will finish that project, but not anytime soon, I'm afraid lol You probably don't even remember what I'm talking about, I'm that bad at finishing through with things now.)

So without further ado, the review of my 2017 goals:
  • I didn't start any online shops
  • or blogs
  • the Bullet Journal thing is going well, though! It helps me stay...Somewhat Focused? Haha
  • I did not get All the Projects finished. But the wild pile of photos was tackled and laid away in neat, little fat albums XD
  • I read 44 of the 50 books I'd intended to read with my Goodreads challenge. There were some really cool ones among those I read though, including two by some authors I pretend I sort of know, haha (Where the Woods Grow Wild, and A Drop of Night), plus my first audiobook experiences!
  • I drew a little bit more often than I had the previous year, but no where near as often as every day, as I'd hoped to do. Still winning!
  • I didn't get to try NaNoWriMo in November. I still want to do it sometime, but with how things have been going, I don't think I'll get to join the event this year either. I'm not going to stress about it, but it is looking like more of a far off dream than it had looked last year. I haven't even done any of the camps this year, and I'm way out of practice writing more than a tiny story.
  • Ha. Hahaha. No, I did not exercise any more than the last year, but I don't think I moved any less, either, so we'll try to do better. (And that's not a goal that we'll revisit later, don't worry haha)
I'm not going to lie, I'm a little embarrassed of my past-year-self. Especially reading over that post with my goals in it. *cringe* But I obviously survived and am pressing on, and the Lord is always good. I thank everyone here on Little Bird for being so tolerant and encouraging, and giving so much lovely advice!


4 comments:

  1. Google security just erased what I had written.
    Let me try to re-write, condensed version:
    Welcome back, Sarah!
    You can be happy with your accomplishments. You did a commendable amount. The goal of goals is not necessarily to accomplish every one, but rather to have direction and focus. And it is quite all right to put some of the goals on the "next page" for later work. Most of us have to do that all the time. But every bit achieved adds up to much over time.
    And yes, I would like to see the top hat. You can keep that on your list.
    It is good, even more, to see your life drawings from the past couple of months. In fact, this is probably the most important thing you can do for enhancing your art. The eye-to-hand training in progress is evident. Good work!
    Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I do have some goals for this year, although they're not quite as ambitious, but I have written them in my Bullet Journal and do not think I want to feel pressured by sharing them here this time.
      I will definitely keep the top hat on my list for you, haha :)

      Delete