Tuesday, June 12, 2018

LIfe Drawing and Fashion Doodles


I drew a horse outside my window. I haven't ever tried to draw a living subject that I couldn't tell to stand still before, so the head and neck is definitely one of the funkier spots, haha.

you'd think i could've gotten the fence a little better at least -- it wasn't moving at all haha

And I doodled an outfit I saw someone wearing in town last week, because it seemed like a kind of interesting idea for a character look or something. I did the digital drawing on my phone with my SketchBook Express app.

idk why it's so fadey -- maybe I saved it too quickly? or maybe the screen on my phone is way different from my computer screen?


4 comments:

  1. Super: drawing from life. Keep it up!
    I like how you can draw on your phone. That is a lovely expressive sketch. (My dear boy got me an electronic drawing pad that I would like to learn to use. He showed me, but I need lots of repeated instruction and practice. Do you give lessons?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I don't know how to use an electronic drawing pad, but I am looking forward to the day when I can acquire one myself and try it out! That's awesome. The app I have on my phone is pretty handy, and I just use my finger (I got one of those pens with an ink pen in one side and a nub for touchscreens on the other, but I just can't get the same precision with it, haha). I am definitely not an expert on digital art-making, although I would love to help if I could. I just play around with it and "practice." :D

      Delete
  2. Great job on the horse drawing, it looks great to me.

    ReplyDelete