Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Little Box


Once upon a time, I went to a thrift store and found an interesting spherical puzzle in its own little box, that I thought would make a fun gift for the then-approaching birthday of one of my younger siblings.

At my abode, I tried out the puzzle to be sure it was of a age-appropriate skill level for the dear child whom I wished to give it to, and found to my dismay that several pieces were missing. (Sigh. What did I expect, right?) I tossed the defective orb after reviewing the sales receipt to confirm that yes, the sale was final; but the box was cute.

So I decided to re-paper it with the scraps of some of the stuff that I'd used to line my dresser drawers.


I was originally going to just put the contact paper right over the box as-was; but the printing on the box showed through in a most disgusting way, thus I peeled off the old top layer before applying the new design.

And of course, it's not the best job, but it works.

As far as art school updates go,

I still don't have enough started on my final projects to really show you any progress this week, but I hope to be able to share something next time! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment