Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Giraffes and Word Counts

It's still trying to be winter here... XD This is a picture from Thursday. A lot of the snow has melted again.


Bethany drew some giraffes.


I didn't make my Camp NaNoWriMo goal this month, because my body insisted on being ill and taking naps; but I made a good effort, I think.


I was kind of amazed at myself after my last hurrah there: that is the first time I've written 10K (or even more than like 5000 words) in one day, and I didn't even set out to do that. So now I'm thinking maybe I DO have what it takes to try the big event in November with the 50K word goal... As long as I'm not sick and have a couple of days that I can use solely as writing days. :)

We'll see.

I'm taking another Instagram art challenge, too. So I'll be posting my work for those prompts on my public account there, and maybe sharing some of the stuff here as well. I think it's mostly letter art stuff (which is new to me, and I'd like to get better at it), but the rules of the challenge seem pretty flexible, so I might break out into doodles here and there. It should be fun, though!

2 comments:

  1. This is impressive, Sarah. You DO have what it takes to succeed IF you want to. You can do it!

    Those giraffes are really cute, too. Compliments to Bethany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will pass your compliments on to my sister. :D

    ReplyDelete