Saturday, January 23, 2016

Beer Cake

Maria got a small oven for Christmas, so she can finally bake at her house. Today she tried the oven and found it works well. Recipes do too, when you follow them. Sometimes you shouldn't be too creative, as I have found multiple times over the years. Usually "tried" is "true."

This is what she wrote:

An online clothing retailer sent me a voucher for 25.- and a recipe for my
 birthday. I saved the money on a black and white 50s style dress that 
hasn't come yet, and today, after eating my last three eggs for 
breakfast, I decided I really wanted to make the beer cake.
 
200 mL beer
200g butter
250g white sugar
300g flour
3 eggs
8g baking powder
50g raisins
50g almonds
Bake for 50-60 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius.
 
I started out by substituting whole pecans for shredded almonds, and 
mixing brown with white sugar, cuz that's what I had. There was no 
getting around the eggs, though, so I had to drive into town after all, 
and having gotten the proper ingredients, I made a second cake according
 to directions. That one got slathered in chocolate, which is quite all 
right, but I think I'll skip it next time. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment