Friday, January 1, 2016

The Eighth Day of Christmas

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
Eight maids a milking,
Seven swans a swimming,
Six geese a laying,
Five gold rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.


New Year

With the start of a new year one must start a collection new calendars, all over the house, with the Central Planning one in the kitchen, of course - all marked in colors for holidays and celebrations.
European calendars put Sunday at the end of the week - very unbiblical - so I always import an American calendar for our main one, to keep us mindful of proper things. Unfortunately American calendars don't note the liturgical year and church festivals, so the European ones are good for that. We really do want to know when special days like Ascension and Pentecost are, not only because we get a four day weekend.

Really?

So, yesterday I mentioned about packages being mailed. Not.


The web site said, "Open until six p.m." as usual. We got a New Year's card from the post in the morning mail:
"We are here for you the whole year." Not hardly...

...and they were closed in the afternoon. Everywhere. Most annoying, because now my sister's birthday gift will be late. And no angels winged anywhere. I'll try again on Monday - all holidays (Berchtold's on the 2nd, too - will tell about tomorrow) and Sunday until then.

Resolved for this year:

MORE CREATIVITY! Do Art!

4 comments:

  1. I love that cow. I think it's my favorite picture so far! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cow. I think it's my favorite picture so far! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My resolution for 2016 involves punching lots of holes in paper. Maybe I'll get good enough to place them in certain artsy patterns...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE thoroughly enjoyed your blog! The characters for 12 days were amazing! Made from fabric but looked like the best of art. Good for you. Will miss this blog, but I'd say - IF you get something worth showing us - more art - some of your wonderful photos which were thoroughly enjoyed! - it would be good to post - just let us know in a simple e mail! God bless. We are PROUD of you and all you do!!!

    ReplyDelete